The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Challenge updates

I have updated both my 50 project challenge and my 101 in 1001. I'm making progress on both! Yay!

Let's talk about 50 projects first. I've finished projects 2 and 3 now. The first of the finishes is my Sunbonnet Sue quilt.

Sunbonnet Sue

This was a kit I bought a couple years ago and I'm glad to finally have it done. I'm going to hang it in my living room.

The other finish is St. Patrick's Shamrock by our lovely Belinda. She graciously granted me permission to use it in my EGA chapter's newsletter and I decided to stitch it for our meeting this week. I'm in the process of finishing it into an ornament, so no pics quite yet. All I have to say about finishing work is that cording covers a multitude of sins! (Got any spring/Easter designs coming up Belinda?? lol!)

Next up on the list will be a small gift for my supervisor, as I did end up putting my name on the transfer list last week and will likely transfer out within a few weeks. This is what I've settled on for now. I doubt I'll change it, but if something different comes along that I can finish relatively quickly, I might. I'm pretty happy with this though. I will definitely miss her.

On to 101 in 1001. The quilt did double duty, as it was also on my list of things to do (#18). I also made Nancy's Chinese chicken salad recipe (#74) last weekend. I think I need some more practice. It was good, but not quite as good as when Nancy made it for a gtg. I think I might have overcooked the chicken. Anyhow, I will definitely make it again sometime! Thanks Nancy! (If Nancy has a blog, please someone give me the link so I can link her!)

I found a side benefit of making this salad, and I'm not sure whether to thank Nancy or blame her! I've officially discovered Trader Joe's. My neighborhood chain grocery store does not carry sesame oil. Well, not that I could find anyway. I mentioned it to a friend and she invited me to go to TJ's with her as she was fairly sure they had it. Oh. My. Gosh. I love love love the bread aisle. So much variety! This week I'm trying the cranberry walnut. Next week I think might be orange or cinammon raisin or..or..who knows. I loved that they had a lot of things packaged in reasonable quantities for cooking for one. And they have great prices! After I finished at TJ's, I went to my regular grocery to fill in some gaps and got half the stuff for the same price. Sigh. I think I will be shopping at TJ's more regularly from now on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home